Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An update... finally!

Sorry folks. I'm aware I have not been blogging as much as I promised. I've been pretty busy lately watching TV shows with my sister. I've been introducing her to Pushing Daisies and Weeds whilst she is catching me up on Fringe. All 3 are of course brilliant shows that I recommend to everyone.

I've been thinking of doing reviews of the TV shows I watch this season starting next week. (House, The Event, Supernatural, and now Fringe) I'll at least start doing that and we'll see how it goes from there. It may just last a few weeks or it may last the whole season. Who knows.

Anyway, I haven't been to the movie theater lately to give you any reviews on that front really. I saw The Last Exorcism, which was pretty good until the last five minutes or so turned it to complete crap. I'd say stay away from that one. 2 stars out of 5. I guess go see it if you want to see how 5 minutes can utterly destroy an otherwise okay movie.

On the book front, I did recently finish reading a collection of Kurt Vonnegut short stories entitled Welcome To The Monkey House. This was my first brush with Vonnegut and I think I'll be reading an actual novel of his sometime soon... Perhaps Breakfast of Champions or Cat's Cradle. If his novels are as good as his short stories, I'm in for a treat. Sure, as with all short story collections, there were a few that were weaker, but most were very good, especially for being written in the 1950s! I think my favorite had to do with a human chess match using survivors of a wartime plane crash. The stories were varied in their genre from science fiction to drama to musings on war. I do recommend people read at least some of the stories from this collection.

The book I am reading now is Stephen King's memoir/how-to book On Writing.

I will be blogging again this weekend, as I'll have the house mostly to myself with my sister and dad gone all weekend. I will finish up the top 50 favorite albums and write some other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment